Follow the Path to Your Heart
My educational credentials include:
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from the University of Texas, Dallas (1986)
- Master of Arts degree in Counseling from Southwestern College, Santa Fe (1989)
- Art Therapy certification from Southwestern College, Santa Fe (1999)
- Death Education, Grief Counseling and Hospice certification from Southwestern College, Santa Fe (2001)
My licensure includes:
- Professional Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LPCC) in New Mexico since 1994
- Professional Art Therapist (LPAT) in New Mexico since 2002
- National Board Certification as an Art Therapist (ATR-BC)
- Infinite Possibilities Certified Trainer
- Certified Energy Practitioner through the American Comprehensive Energy Association
- Emotional Freedom Techniques I, II, and III
- Eden Energy Medicine Certified Practitioner - EEM-CP
My experience includes:
Over 28 years as both a counselor and art
therapist in Mental Health agencies, drug and
alcohol treatment centers, schools, hospital
emergency and psychiatric environments,
Family Court Services, and private practice.
In this capacity I have provided clinical
supervision to counselors and art therapists,
and have taught ethics & supervision courses.
My specialties Include:
- Assisting clients with Traumatic Brian Injury (TBI) and developmental disabilities.
- Mood disorders: depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder
- I have extensive experience in treating drug and alcohol addiction. Together, we'll work on recovery plans, relapse prevention, and going to the root of the addiction.
- Transgender clients in the midst of transition.
- Certified Grief Counselor
Click here to learn more about my philosophy and techniques.
I began providing private therapy and counseling to clients in Santa Fe, New Mexico, in January 2001.
"Debra has been a real blessing in my life. She has been inspirational, helping me see things I hadn't seen. I have a better sense of where I'm going now. I've learned to be okay with myself. I now have hope and can live a happy, successful, prosperous life."
Bernadette, Santa Fe